The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Should I be worried

that I left my children in his care???
 How many Grandpa's would give up sleeping in their bed for an entire month and taking on the hardest part of kids (bed time and breakfast)?  My kids have the best Grandparents in the world.  My dad has been holding down the fort at our house with some daytime rescues from Grandma and Brad's parents.  When we started making arrangements to come out here I thought I would have to find a place for my kids to stay for a few days at a time.  My dad called and said he would stay with them at our house to keep them in their own environment and on their own schedule.  This has been so nice.  There has not been a single day we have been gone where I have been stressed out about where Ashlyn and Tanner are and if someone will forget to pick them up.  They have been spoiled, loved, and spoiled some more!  They call us every morning when my dad is making breakfast- today they got chocolate chip pancakes (Ashlyn informed me Grandpa makes them better than I do), and most mornings they get Grandpa's famous eggs.  He even puts up with Ashlyn's middle of the night visits, and Tanner's excuses of why he can't go to bed.  Grandpa plays non-stop with them.... we are just keeping you young Dad!
 But Grandpa could never do it without Grandma.  My mom has to work still so she isn't sleeping there, but she is helping every day.  I think Grandma picks up the "mom" pieces... laundry, cleaning, cooking, but especially spoiling!  The kids have a new collection of stuffed animals, beads, books, and I'm not sure what else thanks to Grandma! 
 Grandma and Grandpa with Logan the day before we left (feels like a really long time ago).
Brad's parents have been amazing too.  I lucked out with the best In-laws ever.  They call my parents several times a week and take the kids for the day.  Tanner loves his Tuesdays with Grandma reading books and playing, and building blocks with Grandpa.  We couldn't be here without these guys.  So many times when I can tell my dad needs a break from the kids Leigh and Paula will call and offer to take them for the day.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help and for loving my kids.

4 comments:

  1. Egh you turned out alright, I'd say the kiddos are fine.

    And thank heavens for your parents and inlaws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for supportive and loving parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! As I know from experience, your children will never be the same! They will have an everlasting bond with their Grandparents, and your "spoiling" will never compare. But isn't it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to have such wonderful parents and in-laws to offer their help, so you don't need to ask! I think your father's sacrifice is especially amazing. Reading what he's done made me cry. You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete