The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

We made it

I just wanted to let everyone to know we made it to Philadelphia.  It has been a long day, but we are safe and sound and Logan just fell asleep for the night (we hope he sleeps all night).  We left our home at 6:00am and didn't settle in here until 10:00 local time. We had a layover in Minnesota that was delayed 2 hours so that put us behind.  At least it was a nice, clean airport.
Logan did great, and was excited to go on the airplane.  We thought he was excited for the plane itself, but all he cared about was getting new toys and playing with them on the plane.  I have never met a kid that loves toys as much as Logan.  He plays and plays and plays with them and has such a great imagination.  (When I get to a computer I will post pictures).
As soon as we landed and got the rental car Logan asked to go back home.  We told him it would be lots of days before we got to go home.  He said that was not a good plan and that he hates doctors and doesn't want to see any, he just wants to go home.  Oh boy....
The Ronald McDonald house didn't have any rooms available so we found a hotel for tonight.  We will check back with them tomorrow.
Tomorrow we meet with his cardiologist and will solidify our plan.  More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I miss you guys to pieces Heidi. Samantha asked if she could could wake up Logan from his nap today. I had to tell her that you guys were on vacation getting Logan's heart fixed so that when he gets back they will be able to play together without the long cord. She got really excited. If you don't get into RMH call up Brent across the street. He may be able to help you out. Take every day one day at a time and I am ALWAYS here if you need to call to vent and get it out. Hurry home soon as I will be back the 28th. It's going to go great as I am praying for you and thinking of you guys all the time. I miss my running buddy/strongest/smartest/best friend a girl could have and Samantha misses her best friend too.

    ReplyDelete