The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Today

Today was surprisingly a relaxing low key day.  Those who know me well are probably in shock.  Normally on the day before surgery I would be a nervous wreck.  I do feel a sense of peace and calm today so thank you everyone for your prayers.  I know those prayers are what will get us through the next couple of days.
Logan dictated our entire day (how that is different from any other day, I am not sure)!  When he wanted to eat we ate, when he wanted to play we played.  We went for a walk before it got too cold and he watched a tractor tear down a building, he thought that was really cool.  He wanted pretzels for lunch so we walked to a pretzel shop.




I haven't told him about tomorrow.  I will tell him on the way to the hospital.  I am amazed at how much he picks up on.  When we met Dr. Rome on Friday he asked him right off if he was the doctor that was going to fix his heart.  Dr. Rome laughed and said, "No, that would be my friend Dr. Spray."  And then Logan didn't pay attention to him after that.  So he knows he is getting his heart fixed, but not sure when. 

My Aunt Jeri wrote this poem and it came with a way to generous gift from my family.  But this is our prayer that as we knit our hearts together in prayer that Heavenly Father will help the heart of my little boy.

He is blowing kisses goodnight.
 Goodnight
I will update tomorrow as time permits.  Again thank you for your prayers and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment