The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Monday, December 16, 2013

Surgery is done

Met with the surgeon and everything went well.  We are back with Logan.  He is still heavily sedated and hasn't opened his eyes yet, but he looks pretty good. He is still really cold so they have a blanket blowing air on him to try and warm his body up (they drop his body temp. extremely low to be on bypass).
His oxygen saturations are at 95 right now.  We haven't seen them that high in....well in his whole life!
On the road to recovery.
Hard to believe we are here on the other side now.  I feel like I have spent every ounce of energy I have had keeping him healthy for this day.
We made it.
We made it.

7 comments:

  1. May I be the first to congratulate you and welcome Logan to the world of being POST FONTAN!!!! You did make it! We are so thrilled that things went well for him, despite his extra unique anatomy. The next 24 - 48 hours are the worst. It will get better. I hope that he can sleep comfortably with the right concoction of pain meds and that his nausea will be minimal. Thanks for the updates for your fans far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! YOU ARE POST FONTAN!!!! Yell it from the roof tops baby! POST FONTAN!! Nothing but love and prayers being sent your way. I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well. Now on to healing and recovery. I wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to POST Fontan! I hope to see his pink lips soon, and watch him run like a crazy man. Snuggle in and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO EXCITED for you all! Congratulations on such a huge mile stone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post Fontan! YAY! I hope his recovery goes smooth and you feel all the love being sent from across the country! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are on this side of things and that it went well. Prayers for a great recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is relieved...I am sure the recovery won't be easy, but what an amazing and strong little boy, blessed with an equally amazing and strong mother and family to help support him through all of this. Thanks for the posts. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete