The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Birthday

(delayed post)
It is hard to believe my baby is 2! 
I still refer to him as my baby... maybe I should stop referring to him as my baby because he calls himself a baby now too!
Logan still LOVES Elmo!
His Birthday was Monday, May 21st (still playing catch up on the blog).  We had some family over the night before for dinner and a pre-birthday celebration (at our house it is referred to as Birthday Party weekend... you get to celebrate your birthday over the coarse of a few days).  
Ashlyn and Tanner had so much fun helping me figure out how to make the cupcakes, and were great decorators.  Logan's reactions are always animated and fun- he loved eating Elmo's nose! 
 He had a great time opening his presents and was just as happy with the paper star his sister made for him as he was the wagon mom and dad got him! 
What better way to spend your birthday than at the doctor.  I know what a mean mom I am for scheduling his appointment on his birthday- sometimes you just have to take what you can get.  It was his post-op/ follow up appointment from his cath.  His sats are holding steady in the low 80's, and everything else is looking good.  Dr. Mack doesn't need to see him for another 6 months.
 The picture of me holding the banana is how we get things done around here... I have to bribe him to hold still long enough for me to get a good reading on the pulse ox.  And I might as well kill two birds with one stone as I have him captivated with my phone I can cram a few extra calories in him as well!
That afternoon (after doctors and naps) we had the neighbor kids over for cupcakes.  At first he wasn't a fan of everyone else eating his Elmo cupcakes, but he warmed up to the idea and I was happy to have them all gone!
We love this kid, and can't imagine life without him.  I was talking with a friend the other day and she said she was so sorry about all we have gone through, and she can't imagine how hard it is.  My response was that I am not sorry.  Sure, I wish that Logan didn't have to go through everything he has, but I can't imagine life any other way.  I try to think about where we would be in life if Logan had been born "healthy" and I just see a big void.  He has taught us so much, and we have grown so much since he came to our family.  And I don't look at our life as hard... we are truly BLESSED.
Happy Birthday Logan!

No comments:

Post a Comment