The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Friday, March 25, 2011

Heaven Has Gained Another Angel

The week after we returned from Philadelphia we were told about a family that had moved into our neighborhood that were expecting a baby with CHD.  We were able to meet Bryan and Carrie shortly after. I have been so humbled, and my faith strengthened by knowing this great family. 
I would meet Carrie in the hall at church and we would cry and talk about our special heart kids- both named Logan.  Their Logan had a different journey planned for this earth though.  When I met Carrie she was 7 months pregnant and the doctors had told her that her baby's heart defects were so severe that surgery was not an option.  My heart broke every time I thought of what they had to face as a family.  I have been amazed at the insight, faith, and peace I have felt in EVERY conversation I have had with Carrie- here I was trying to be a support to her, and I felt like she was always reassuring me and strengthening me.  Carrie and Bryan were hand picked as the BEST parents to such a perfect, sweet baby girl who we had the honor and blessing of meeting.

Meeting Miss Logan Rylee-
She was born on St. Patrick's Day and lived a "Lucky" 7 days on this Earth.  Her parents biggest hope was to be able to hold  her alive, and I prayed every day that they would get this wish and be able to bring her home- they got both.  It is not my story to tell, but they felt like every day with her was a miracle.  Her parents cherished every single second with her, and I feel honored I was able to meet her and hold her.  She returned to live with her Heavenly Father last night.  I knew it would be soon, but the news is still breaking my heart.  
She is absolutely PERFECT! 

 Mr. Logan meeting little Miss Logan. 
 After our babies met Carrie posted on her blog that she knew when her Logan returned to Heaven she would be watching over my Logan and his special heart.  And I know she will- my Logan will have an extra special Guardian Angel watching over him.  


There is a special bond that broken hearts seem to create.  This club we call the Heart Mom Club is growing, and with it so is my heart.

7 comments:

  1. What an incredibly touching story. Logan is so very lucky to have such an amazing angel. My heart aches for Carrie and Bryan - this CHD life is so unfair. Thank you for sharing the Logans with us. Heart hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe what a small world this is and that we meet the same people through different ways. I cried for Carrie's little Logan too. You CHD Moms are amazing and so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing about this beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Heidi I have been thinking about them A LOT. I was able to read their blog and leave a post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a beautiful baby and so perfect! Her family is in my prayehrs. What a blessing that your logan got to meet her. You heart moms are truly amazing and have so much strength and faith. I have read your blog and I went through and read hers as well and I just admire you both, I dont know that I could do it. What strong, amazing moms you are. Both of these stories have touched me deeply. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...that is so sad to hear that she lost her battle! She us an absilutely beautiful baby! So glad that she has you to talk to and relate with. I am sure you will be a strength to her for many days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. The "Logans" make my heart happy. Thanks for thinking of us. Praying for your sweet baby every day. We love you. -Carrie and Bryan

    ReplyDelete