The Journey of a Sweet Little Boy and His Special Heart

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Catching Up

Since being home it feels like we are catching up on everything we missed.  We celebrated our family Christmas Thursday morning to let Logan open up his stocking and things Santa brought him to our house.  The kids also kept some of their presents under the tree from Brad and I to wait and open when we got home.  It was a lot of fun.

Logan was positive Santa would bring him a remote control Dusty Crop Hopper


I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this for Tanner!

 
We had our New Year's tradition of scones and bacon today for dinner.
 
We have been catching up on play time. The kids are inseparable.  Logan loves having 2 friends to boss around, and they don't seem to mind being bossed around.  Ashlyn and Tanner have been wonderful.  Ashlyn is very protective of Logan and makes sure he gets safely up and down the stairs, and has anything he needs.  Tanner is Logan's new night security (gives me a break sometimes).  Logan has wanted Tanner sleeping in his room with him every night, and Tanner is more than happy to do it.  When I ask Tanner where he wants to sleep he will say, "I will do what Logan needs me to do."  Then Tanner will just come and get me when Logan wakes him up crying for Mom.  He has been so sweet (thank goodness the kids are off track and get to sleep in).  We have loved playing all the kids new Christmas games with them, and we are catching up on lots of snuggle time.
(Don't let the oxygen scare you, he had just woken up and has been wearing it when he sleeps)
 
Brad is catching up at work... I am sure this will take some time.  He also took down and put away Christmas all by himself while I was out with Ashlyn and Tanner yesterday (it was so nice).
 
I am catching up on laundry (oh wait, when are you ever caught up on laundry),sleep... that is something I haven't figured how to catch up on, the treadmill, and getting control of the house. 
 
Logan is catching up on playing, walking, running, toys, NOT eating, and still being the president of the house.
BUT... we are catching up, and it almost feels like we were never gone.
 
Logan has an appointment with his local cardiologist Tuesday morning.  This has been a source of stress and frustration since we returned home.  Our doctor in PA called and talked to our local doctor last Tuesday right after our appointment and I also called and left him a message that day with some questions.  It took him until Friday night to get back to me.  To say I was a stress case is an understatement.  I was so worried about if Logan needed to be on oxygen here at elevation, and when he needed to be seen again etc.  I asked our great group of heart mom's and everyone's kids were on oxygen after the Fontan to help with recovery so I was really stressing out about this.  I hope we can get our transition of care figured out and feel like Logan is getting the attention he needs here at home.  He is on oxygen when he sleeps just for the next little while, and I guess we will re-asses that on Tuesday.  His saturations have been holding steady at 93% here at home.  We are thrilled with that.  He has his good moments and hard moments still.  He isn't eating very well, I hope this resolves the further we get away from surgery.  He is still terrified of us touching anywhere near his belly and chest (he still has all the sticky residue on him from his bandages, but I can't get near him with any kind of remover without him completely freaking out) so it just stays on. 
 
I still feel like I am in sort of a haze and haven't fully let myself feel the relief of being home and done with surgery.  Hopefully after his appointment Tuesday I can find that relief and start to believe that things really can be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment